This week, we launched our final item to our Keto Family. We launched three great new items this month which are part of the Keto group. If you aren't sure what Keto means, we're talking about a specific dietary protocol. One that is higher in fat, moderate in protein and very low in carbohydrates. A Ketogenic diet forces the body to rely on fat for fuel rather than carbohydrates.
Ketogenic diets can be beneficial for certain individuals for a few different reasons. There's been a lot of research lately looking into it's benefits for neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's and Epilepsy and also Type 2 Diabetes.
Determining if it's the right diet for you can depend on a multitude of factors, most of which are much to complicated for a short blog post! However, if you've determined that it's the right diet for you, we're happy to be part of your journey by offering some delicious treats. Even if you're not following a Ketogenic diet but just want to keep sugars and carbohydrates in check, adding in some of these items to your week can have some amazing benefits! I think we can all agree that high doses of white sugar and processed carbohydrates can be harmful to our health and well-being. All of these items have less than 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving, zero white flour and zero white sugar!
Here's a snap shot of all the items we have in our "Ketogenic" group!
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Cups: Similar to a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, these little guys are perfect in the freezer whenever a craving hits. Their high fat content helps to satisfy the craving without having a big sugar spike followed by a crash. They clock in at 1 gram of carbs per cup.
2. Chocolate Keto Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: A super rich and moist cake. High in fat, made with eggs, olive oil and almond flour and then topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. Each slice is generous and packs in only 5 grams of carbohydrates.
3. Almond Flour Keto Bread: A classic bread which can easily serve in the place of a regular wheat bread. So many options with this one! French toast made with heavy cream and eggs, cinnamon bread by topping it with butter and cinnamon or even just by itself. Only 1 gram of carbohydrate per slice.
4. Coconut Flour Garlic Keto Bread: New this week, we worked to make some adjustments to this one, making it more savoury and the perfect partner to a bowl of chili. 1 gram of carbohydrates per slice.
5. Peanut Butter Keto Cookies: If you like cookies, you'll love these little guys. Soft and chewy, they pack only 5 grams of carbohydrates per cookie.
6. Strawberry Cheesecake Keto Cups: The latest item in our Keto lineup, these are the perfect, fresh little treat on a hot summer day. Keep these guys in the freezer and pull one out when the craving hits. 1 gram of carbohydrate per serving.
As we wrap up May this coming week, we're excited to have all these items as part of our Keto product line. We're definitely committed to offering healthy alternatives to delicious treats to suit different dietary preferences. Whether you're looking for something high protein, low carb, vegan, gluten free, or keto, we've likely got an amazing product for you!